A staff member spotted a venomous meter-long Chinese cobra in a floor-drying machine in a pediatric hospital in Sandy Bay on Hong Kong Island early on Monday.
At around 3am, the staffer heard some strange sounds coming from a room at the Duchess of Kent Children’s Hospital, Apple Daily reported. Checking the room, the staffer found a snake inside the drying machine.
Staff immediately sealed the dryer with tape and moved it to the ground floor. They then called the police, who brought in a snake expert.
The expert used a net to catch the reptile, which was identified as a four-year-old male Naja atra, a venomous snake species more commonly known as the Chinese cobra. It was nearly a meter long.
It was taken away by the snake expert for further inspection.