Photo: iStock
Photo: iStock

In a shocking incident at a school in Haryana, a baby snake was found in a free lunch served to pupils.  

When the snakelet was spotted by students at Rajkeeya Girls Senior Secondary School in Faridabad, they immediately stopped eating their meals. However, by that time some students and faculty members were already feeling ill and vomiting. Two teachers and six students were rushed to hospital but were later discharged.

The principal of the school, Braj Bala, alerted the Iskcon food relief foundation, the organization responsible for supplying the meals, as well as higher authorities.

Students have complained that the food served to them often has a “stale smell.”

Other schools that receive meals from the organization were advised to be vigilant.