Tengku Ampuan Rahimah Hospital (HTAR), Klang, Selangor, Malaysia. Photo: Google Maps

A three-year-old Indonesian boy who was left briefly unattended by his mother lost his index finger after being caught in a grinder machine at his home in Klang, Selangor, Malaysia.

The incident happened on Monday when the victim put his hand into the machine while his mother was briefly away preparing cooking ingredients at their home in Kampung Delek Kanan, the China Press reported.

The authorities received an emergency call at about 9:09am before a team of firefighters from the Kota Raja Fire and Rescue Station rushed to the scene in less than 10 minutes.

The firefighters found the child’s entire left forearm was trapped inside the grinder, and it took about 30 minutes to cut the machine open using some special equipment.

The boy, who sustained severe injuries to his left hand including the loss of his index finger, was taken to Tengku Ampuan Rahimah Hospital (HTAR) for surgery and other treatments.

A preliminary investigation found that the mother had been busy making cakes to be sold at a Ramadan bazaar in the afternoon. Before the incident, she had been grinding potatoes, but was unaware that the machine was still operating when she walked away. She only realized what had happened when she heard her son’s screams.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *