A man works with electrical wires. Photo: iStock

An Indonesian worker died on Sunday when he was electrocuted while installing a set of electric cables in South Jakarta.

Two workers – who were unnamed – entered a two-meter manhole in the Mampang area before the accident happened, The Jakarta Post reported. An eyewitness later told the press that the manhole was dug to install electrical wires.

The witness, one of the duo’s colleagues, said the two workers received shocks while they were working in the manhole. He added that while one of them managed to get out, the other was stuck and was electrocuted.

Workers nearby took the man’s body to the nearest hospital. Authorities in the Mampang area temporarily suspended all electrical wiring work.

In September 2018, a similar case took place in South Jakarta when a 26-year-old utility worker was electrocuted.

Asia Times Financial is now live. Linking accurate news, insightful analysis and local knowledge with the ATF China Bond 50 Index, the world's first benchmark cross sector Chinese Bond Indices. Read ATF now. 

Join the Conversation

4 Comments

  1. Greetings from Los angeles! I’m bored to death at work so I decided to browse your blog on my iphone during lunch break. I love the information you provide here and can’t wait to take a look when I get home. I’m shocked at how quick your blog loaded on my cell phone .. I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyways, amazing blog!

  2. Nice post. I learn one thing more challenging on completely different blogs everyday. It’s going to all the time be stimulating to learn content material from other writers and practice a bit of something from their store. I’d want to make use of some with the content on my blog whether or not you don’t mind. Natually I’ll offer you a hyperlink on your internet blog. Thanks for sharing.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *