An elderly couple were found unconscious at their home in Tseung Kwan O, the New Territories on Thursday after overdosing on sleeping pills.
At 6pm, a domestic worker found that the couple had locked themselves in a bedroom at their apartment in Tseung Kwan O and did not respond to attempts to get them to open the door, Ming Pao Daily reported.
She alerted the couple’s son, who hurried home, and when there was still no response from inside the bedroom, he called the police.
Firemen arrived at the scene and found the 83-year-old man on the bed while his 82-year-old wife was lying on the floor. Both were unconscious, and were immediately taken to Tseung Kwan O hospital.
The couple regained consciousness after medical treatment, and were kept in hospital for observation, news website HK01.com reported.
Police found sleeping pill packets in the couple’s bedroom. Officers are now investigating whether or not they attempted to commit suicide, Oriental Daily reported.
It is understood that the couple both suffered chronic health problems.
The Samaritans run a 24-hour multilingual suicide prevention hotline +852 2896 0000 or emails can be sent to email@example.com.
You made some decent points there. I looked on the internet for the topic and found most guys will agree with your website.
Leave a comment