A 30-year-old Filipino is being investigated by police in Macau for alleged sexual abuse of several girls in a kindergarten.
Judiciary police told a press conference that two parents filed complaints on Tuesday saying they suspected their daughters had been sexually abused in the kindergarten on Avenida de Sidónio Pais near the Tunel do Monte da Guia exit, Macau Daily News reported.
The accusations relate to a man who was a janitor working at the kindergarten for four years. He also used to help take children to the washroom, to clean and change their diapers.
Officers went to an apartment in Horta e Costa district and took the man back to the police station for questioning.
The girls were sent to the hospital for examination. However, the medical check did not show any evidence that the two girls had been sexually abused.
The judiciary police said it was a serious case, so they would make further inquiries. But no one has been arrested yet.
The kindergarten has suspended the man’s employment contract temporarily.
Over the past day, heated discussions have occurred on various WhatsApp and social media forums that debated different versions of the “abuse”. Meanwhile, some netizens searched for the personal information about the man and circulated details, Exmoo News reported.
The Portuguese newspaper ‘Hoje Macau’ first exposed the alleged abuse on Wednesday, Jornal Cheng Pou reported.