Chinese troops are seen patrolling the Doklam Plateau. Photo: AFP

Top Indian government officials on Thursday said that Bhutan stood with India on the issue of a territorial dispute with China,  according to a report from New Delhi TV.

In a briefing provided to Indian lawmakers by Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale and Defense Secretary Sanjay Mitra, officials responded to reports of the possibility of land being transferred by Bhutan to China.

“Bhutan was firmly with India [on the issue of land transaction] and had no plans to give in,” NDTV described the officials as saying.

The government also reportedly said that there had been no troop build-up by China in Doklam since a standoff between the two countries’ troops ended last August, and that India is not concerned about what happens within Chinese territory located to the north of Doklam.

Asia Times Financial is now live. Linking accurate news, insightful analysis and local knowledge with the ATF China Bond 50 Index, the world's first benchmark cross sector Chinese Bond Indices. Read ATF now. 

23 replies on “Bhutan stands with India on Doklam, says New Delhi”

Comments are closed.