Tong Wa San Chun, Avenida do Nordeste, Macau Photo: Google Maps

A 30-year-old Filipina and a four-month-old baby were resecued, while more than 50 people were evacuated after a fire broke out in a residential building in the northern Macau area of Hac Sa Wan, or Areia Preta on Sunday night.

At around 8pm, a blaze which was said to be caused by an electric stove broke out on a balcony on the eighth floor of Block 12 in Tong Wa San Chun on 236 Avenida do Nordeste, Macao Daily News reported.

The Filipina, who was working in the flat next to one on fire, had dizziness and breathing difficulties due to smoke inhalation. She was treated at Kiang Wu Hospital after firefighters rescued her.

Firemen also rescued a four-month-old baby girl who was in a flat on the 12th floor with her mother,  Jornal San Wa Ou reported. The baby was given a check-up at the hospital.

Asia Times Financial is now live. Linking accurate news, insightful analysis and local knowledge with the ATF China Bond 50 Index, the world's first benchmark cross sector Chinese Bond Indices. Read ATF now.