A domestic helper saved two children at a fire scene in Siu Sai Wan Estate. Photo: Google Map and Wiki Commons

A domestic helper and two of her employer’s children, aged 3 and 4, escaped uninjured after a fire broke out in a public housing flat in Siu Sai Wan Estate in Hong Kong Island East.

At around 1pm on Saturday, the maid saw smoke coming from the employer’s locked bedroom in a flat on the fourth floor of Sui Lok House after the mother had left for the annual ritual of tomb-sweeping, Sing Tao Daily reported.

After she called for help, neighbors rang the police and the maid escaped with the children unharmed. Firemen arrived and put out the fire within 10 minutes. The fire started after a switch short circuited inside the bedroom, Oriental Daily reported, citing an initial investigation.

The police did not disclose the nationality of the domestic worker but a resident captured of a picture of her.

89 replies on “Maid leads children to safety after Hong Kong fire”

Comments are closed.