Asia Times is looking for a Senior Correspondent-Editor to run our Beijing bureau. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to join an expanding geopolitical and business website that covers Asia reaching to the Middle East.
Since its founding in 1995, Asia Times has garnered a reputation for insightful and inspirational reporting with a readership that spans from Washington to Wuhan and Seoul to Surat.
What we are looking for:
- The ideal candidate should have at least 10 years of experience working for a major newspaper or international website and be a first-rate writer and editor;
- He or she must be a fluent Mandarin speaker with the ability to read Chinese characters;
- In-depth knowledge of business and economics is required;
- He or she must be comfortable writing about what the latest CPI data reveals about the state of the Chinese economy, as well as big picture articles about “Made in China’s 2025” policy;
- The ideal candidate must have a solid list of contacts in China as well as the ability to put together a small team of dedicated freelance writers;
- The ability to shoot video and take photograhs would also be a major plus.
- What we offer:
A highly competitive salary with the chance to report on some of the biggest business and geopolitical stories that will dominate the news agenda.
Please send your cover letter, resume and published story links to (email@example.com)